Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Go Go Sprint Racer!

My father-in-law is a racer - he's been driving in competitive auto sports longer than I've been alive. Right now he races sprint cars, which are open-wheel, cage-frame cars, usually run on small dirt tracks and very popular with hobbyists because they're not too expensive and the races are usually fun sprints as opposed to multi-hundred-lap endurance tests.


I went to the track with him Saturday night, because there was nobody else to go and it's much easier if you have a helper to go get fuel, hand you stuff, drive the van home if you break your leg, that kind of thing. I took quite a few photos. I submitted several to PhotoShelter, my stock agency. You can see them here:

http://psc.photoshelter.com/user/marcwphoto/set/A0000u5ys.4_qWXA/Sprint+Car+Racing

Comments invited. Incidentally, my father-in-law is #14 in the white car.

M

No comments: