Saturday, June 28, 2008

Why I Take Pictures

I was in a bit of a funk recently. Then I just watched this video about ten times. It makes Prozac look like Tic-Tacs. It's unbelievable. And this really is why I take pictures.

Technically, this is a "commercial," in the same sense that Beethoven's Fifth Symphony is a "piece of music."



I used a YouTube version so I could embed it, but you can download a high-quality version, along with MP3's, etc, at the Discovery Channel website.

And if you liked that, don't miss the xkcd remix!

M

Lyrics, because I can:

Spoken

Astronaut 1: It never gets old, huh?
Astronaut 2: Nope. It kinda makes you want to…
Astronaut 1: Break into song?
Astronaut 2: Yup

Sung

Astronaut 1: I love the mountains
Astronaut 2: I love the clear blue skies
Astronaut 1: I love big bridges
Astronauts 1 & 2: I love when great whites fly

Nature Photographer: I love the whole world

Chorus: And all its sights and sounds

Chorus, with Highlights:

Crab Boat Crew: Boom-de-ah-dah, Boom-de-ah-dah

African Tribe, with Dancer: Boom-de-ah-dah, BOOM-DE-AH-DAH!

Surfer: I love the oceans

Mike Rowe: I love real dirty things

Test Pilot: I love to go fast

Forensic Archaeologist: I love Egyptian kings

Crowd, led by Monks: I love the whole world

Submersible pilot: And all its craziness

Singers and Crowd: Boom-de-ah-dah, Boom-de-ah-dah

Chorus and Richard "Mack" Machowicz: BOOM-de-ah-dah! Boom-de-ah-dah

Storm Chaser: I love tornadoes

Arachnologist: I love arach-a-nids

Vulcanologist: I love hot magma

Submersible Pilot: I love the giant squids

Crowd on Beach: I love the whole world, it's such a brilliant place

Adam Savage: Boom-de-ah-dah, Boom-de-ah-dah

Stephen Hawking: Boom-de-ah-dah

Cliffjumper: Boom-de-ah-daaaaaah!

Chorus: Boom-de-ah-dah, Boom-de-ah-dah,
Boom-de-ah-dah, Boom-de-ah-dah
Boom-de-ah-dah, Boom-de-ah-dah

Text: The World is Just Awesome

No comments: