Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Good Advice Then...



... good advice now.

This was taken at the Kankakee County Fairgrounds, in one of the livestock display barns. I wouldn't be surprised this sign was many decades old. Then, of course, the major risk was fire in the hay/straw/wood bedding of the animals, ignited by a flame lighting source or a cigarette.

While there's still a lot of hay, straw, and wood chips, neither flame lighting nor cigarettes were much in evidence. There were, however, much newer signs warning that food and drink were not allowed and that you should not touch your face while in the barn and that you should wash after you left. Bird flu and the Oink, you know. Ah, progress.

M

1 comment:

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....