Sunday, July 13, 2008

Time to Get Serious

I decided that it was time to really get my pictures cataloged properly in Lightroom, so I've been letting it import my photo archives a year at a time. (That way I can put the right copyright notice metadata on them.) I'm having fun watching it and every so often looking to see what it's working on at the moment. I'm seeing a lot of pictures I hadn't thought about for a while!

For instance, I had completely forgotten about the trip I took to the Chicago Auto Show - or, more importantly, I had forgotten that I had a lot of released pictures that might make good stock. F'r instance:



So I foresee several days of mining ahead. Let this be a lesson to you, kids... don't get behind on your organization. You wouldn't believe how long this thing is taking to go through, import, and generate previews. And I have a reasonably fast computer, too! Then, I'll have to go through the individual sessions and keyword them. I think I'll do that on an as-available and/or as needed basis.

M

No comments: