Monday, March 16, 2009

XKCD: Either You Get It, Or You Don't.

XKCD can be a little uneven, although it always delivers the geek. However, today's episode is made of pure iridium-plated WIN.

http://xkcd.com/556/

Friday's comic (http://xkcd.com/555/) is also mostly composed of structural-grade awesome. If that worked I would so totally do that five times a DAY. Soon we would have a serious mirror-haunting demon shortage.

(Small spoiler ahead.)

I don't know why, but the alt text - if you read XKCD, always read the alt text, it's often the best part of the strip - is almost irresistibly hilarious to me. Here it is, if your browser doesn't support alt text:

"The moment their arms spun freely in our air, they were doomed -- for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I added the italics because that's the really funny part. He'd have put them in if you could put italics in alt text. I know this, if I know nothing else in this world. And that's the beauty of XKCD: where else are you going to get H.G. Wells, triffids, tripods, Al Gore and Cervantes, along with a reference to the totally batshit insane, in one freaking place? I ask you.

Up until now, this has probably been my favorite XKCD comic:

http://xkcd.com/442/

... because I love the "Boom De Yada" song. Many of the panels are sort of in-jokes about XKCD characters, but it's still funny.

M

1 comment:

Elessa said...

i love xkcd! i check the site religiously for the new strip.