Thursday, September 11, 2008

Well, Poop.

PhotoShelter Announces closing of the PhotoShelter Collection.

And after I went to all the trouble to rearrange my blog to use the PhotoShelter Widget, and everything. Damn.

Oh, well. I sold a picture to Richard Leakey. That was pretty cool. I feel sorrier for the staff - having participated, more than once, in the closing of a business, I know how much it well and truly sucks. The Archive portion of PhotoShelter will continue in business and is doing well, but they just couldn't make the stock side work.

Things fall apart: the center cannot hold. First the Patry blog, now this. Bah. Bah, I say.

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc -
Nice to see a business person quoting Yeats! And yes, I've been party to several high tech startup ventures and it massive work, and time, and energy, and then it ends. More often with a bang than a whimper these days.
Clair

MarcWPhoto said...

You take that back.

I'm not a business person, I'm a lawyer. :)

M